Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tasting - Fattori Runcaris Soave Classico

Name: Fattori Runcaris Soave Classico
Variety: 100% Garganega
Region : Veneto
Country: Northeast Italy
Year: 2010
Price: $15


Winery Review: Derived from the local Italian word for “to work the soil,” Runcaris symbolizes an easy, fresh expression of Soave Classico with lingering aromas of citrus, honeyyellow rose, jasmine and dried herbs. 86 pts-Wine Enthusiast. 


My Review: Definitely not my favorite wine. For the nose, I gathered scents of sweet and soapy, while also picking up on a mild white grape smell. I believe the unbalanced smell of sweet and soapy also gave it some "finger nail polish" scent as well. The taste definitely had a bite to it, with moderate hints of apple. There was only a light  of white grapes in this wine, but the moderate alcohol content definitely came through. 

I did not have this wine with any food. 

No comments:

Post a Comment